Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Painful Pearl Modeled

For more details on the sweater and close up pictures of the lace, go here.

There were a few occasions to wear Painful Pearl before the weather got too cold for short sleeves, but today was just for the camera.


I'm so glad I got bored knitting stockinette and put that extra row of lace across the shoulders.


The same faux seam and gusset detailed in my previous post.


Pattern: My own creation. I'm calling it "Painful Pearl" because knitting this yarn hurts my hands and the yarn color is Seed Pearl.

The horizontal lace pattern is the Garland Pattern on page 252 of A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara G. Walker. Two rows of stockinette have been added before and after the start of the lace.


The lace triangle is adapted from the Idella Seamen's Scarf in Stahman's Shawls and Scarves by Myrna Stahman.

Yarn: Elann Soie Lin. DK weight. 70% silk, 30% linen.

Color: Seed Pearl.

Needles: Options #4.

Gauge: 6.25 stitches/inch, 9 rows/inch after washing.

No comments: