Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gail's Birthday Socks Finished

Done.


Who is Gail?

Pattern: Basic 64 stitch sock with k7p1 wide ribbing on cuff and instep

Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Color: Hundertwasser 956 Seeschlange

Needles: Options 2.5mm

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

Time to get back to thinking about the She Said sleeves. This is a busy time of year and I find myself looking for easy knitting when I sit down in the evening, so the sleeves have been on hold.

I lack confidence in doing the cables top down with short rows. How difficult can it be? I think it will work, but I'm tempted to just cast on at the cuff and do them the way the pattern is written. Do I hear chickens clucking? I really want to try the top down approach, but need some quiet knitting hours to figure it out.

No comments: