Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Second Sleeve Done and Regrets on Missing Cable

The second sleeve is knit to the point it joins up with the front, back, and first sleeve. But first I need to get it blocked and dried.


Tuesday I received an email from Tenna about my Autumn Song sweater. It started out
Nice work, but apparently you missed the email that said how to do the oak leaves . . .


She went on to point out there's a cable at each oak leaf lobe absent from my interpretation of the pattern.

I didn't miss the email. In my instructions for making the oak leaf lobes written back in May I even wrote about the cabling. Then promptly forget to do it because the cross is not obvious on the chart.

I can see now that the cable would separate the leaf lobe more from the leaf body and make a more realistic oak leaf.

Today I'm a humble knitter.

It's taken me two days to get over wanting to frog the entire sweater and start over. Fortunately, I'm already swatching for my next project and looking forward to moving on to something in English.

I've never been unhappy with the way my leaves look and there is no point in being unhappy about it now. Give me a few more days and I'll be OK with my Autumn Song the way it's knit.

But if I ever knit this stitch pattern again, I'll cable.

Pattern: Herbstlied (Autumn Song) from New Style of Heirloom Knitting.

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, 100% wool.

Color: Firecracker heather

Needles: Options #5.

Gauge: 5.5 stitches/inch, 8.4 rows/inch in pattern

Click on the label Herbstlied at the end of this post to see all posts on this blog mentioning Herbstlied.

No comments: