Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Autumn Song Socks Done

I love my new red socks.

Now I need to get the Autumn Song sweater done to go with them.


Pattern: Stitch pattern B from Herbstlied (Autumn Song) in New Style of Heirloom Knitting.

Yarn: Araucania Ranco fingering weight yarn, 75% wool 25% polyamide, hand dyed in Chile.

Color: Deep, warm rusty red. In the sunlight it looks like a carnelian stone.

Needles: Options 2.50mm circulars

Gauge: 8 stitches/10 rows per inch

You may remember that while I was in Idaho Linda forced me to accompany her to a Coeur d'Alene yarn store. It's not polite to visit a yarn store without buying something, so I picked out several skeins of sock yarn for holiday knitting.

DIL Anne requested dark blue/navy birthday (January 10) socks, so that's her yarn on the left.

Doggy school teacher Gail requested "multicolored socks that will go with a lot of things". She's been wearing browns lately, so that's her yarn on the right.

Both ladies are simple stitch pattern types. Gail even asked for "socks like these", and showed me the ribbed socks I made her two years ago. So I'm settling in for some rather boring sock knitting for two very special women.

No comments: