Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday Miscellany

An unrelated mix of information in response to recent comments and questions.

While I'm in Idaho, DH Bob takes very good care of the birds and the three dogs. It's a lot of work and he's always happy to see me get home.

Deb mentioned she checks my blog for new patterns. Yikes! It's been a long time since I've written a new pattern. Maybe I'll make a resolution to write a few in 2008.

Stahman's Shawls and Scarves by Myrna Stahman is self published and not available on Amazon except as a used book at over twice the price of a new copy. That's ridiculous! There are new copies to be had for $30 at yarn shops both local and online. I bought the Blogiversary prize copy at Schoolhouse Press.


If you like knitting books, I dare you to browse the books at Schoolhouse Press and not buy anything.

Aran Sweater Design by Janet Szabo is also self published and distributed. You can check out Janet's books, including this one, at Big Sky Knitting.

The FLAK pattern/tutorial is there, also.


I have two holiday recipes on my other blog, Seasons of Violet.

Upjohn Pumpkin Torte Back in the 80s when I worked for The Upjohn Company the cafeteria had a chef who made wonderful things from scratch. The Upjohn Pumpkin Torte is one of those wonderful things. It's a rich, heavenly dessert. Takes a little effort to make but it's not difficult and well worth the effort. For when you want a very special dessert.

Green Dream I've been making Green Dream for over thirty years. I guess it's a family tradition. It's the perfect holiday side dish for adding a slightly tangy accent with roast turkey. Wonderful to eat with cold turkey leftovers. It's very mid-American, very 70s, and very lime green. People either love it or hate it.

Would love to hear about your results if you make either or both of them.

No comments: