Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Looking Forward to April

I'm looking ahead to what I'm going to knit in April and I'm eagerly anticipating my April knitting projects.

Next Friday, April 1, is the day we get to see the new Six Sox Knitalong project. After skipping the February/March sock, I'm hoping the April/May sock will strike my fancy.

Daughter Heather has asked for red socks for her May birthday and I need to get them started soon. It would be so perfect to have the knitalong socks be suitable for Heather's birthday socks.

I want the Lavold Sweater done in April. I've been knitting on the front and the back a little everyday and hope to have them joined at the shoulders by the middle of next week. In order to meet that goal, I have forbidden myself to think about starting anything else.

When I sit down to knit, I'd rather pick up the Backyard Leaves scarf from Scarf Style I'm knitting with Knitpicks Andean Silk. It's a slow knit because the pattern is complex and I don't have it memorized yet. But it's a very pleasant knit. If I hadn't forbidden myself to think about starting another project, I might be seriously thinking about knitting an entire sweater out of this nice yarn.

The CIC_Knit List is going to have another vest challenge in April. I'm going to be the official vest challenge counter and cheerleader. My personal goal is two toddler vests in April. (What is CIC?)

April is also yard and garden clean-up month. Thanks to some high winds last fall, we have a layer of sticks to deal with along with the usual ton of oak leaves. I'll try to work on it a little each day and not get too sore or whine too much.

No comments: