Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Random Updates, No Pictures

  • Anyone who wants to see more Sydney birthday pictures and/or read more about the Idaho kids, Son John has posted a long accounting of their first week in April here.

  • The front of the Lighthouse Gansey is done and the shoulder seams are joined. I want to finish off the neck before the next blog picture. Hopefully that will happen this evening - the neck finishing, not the blog picture.

  • I started a pair of Glynis from Cookie A's Sock Innovation. There isn't enough done yet to post a picture.

  • Because of the designs in Cookie's book, I had to order a batch of solid colored sock yarn. It should be arriving soon.

  • Tomorrow's Wednesday Wings posting is going to be a Turkey Vulture. Living with nature, having a degree in Biomedical Science, having worked in a nursing home and a home for the profoundly retarded, having raised two children, and living with three dogs, my gross out level is much higher than average. So, I debated with myself if my readers could handle a vulture post and decided you could. No actual eating of flesh will be show.

  • It's been cold and rainy so I haven't wanted to open the bluebird box and check on the egg laying progress. From outside appearances all seems to be going well and on schedule.

No comments: