Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Beads, Yarn, and Socks

While in Idaho I had lunch with Linda Jo, Beadknitter. As well as being an excellent knitter she makes beautiful things with beads, and she surprised me with this pretty bracelet. It has pastel green leaves with light purple flowers and I just love it.

We had a great time eating and talking. It's so fun to get to know another knit blogger in person.


After lunch in Coeur d'Alene, we headed to nearby Harmony Yarn to look things over and spend a little money.

I picked up some gorgeous red Shi Bui with Cookie A's new sock book in mind. Amazon has shipped and I'm expecting my copy in the mail any day now.


Sister Carrie's birthday socks need to be finished and mailed this week. This picture was taken last Friday with just the cuffs and the heels done. As of this moment, I'm ready to start the toes. Maybe the socks will be done yet tonight.


Pattern: Retro Rib Socks by Evelyn Clark from Winter 2004 Interweave Knits.

Modified to use 56 stitches instead of 64 by reducing the purl 2 to a purl 1.

Yarn: Crystal Palace Panda Cotton. 59% bamboo, 25% cotton, 16% nylon.

Color: Mood Indigo.

Needles: Options 2.5mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch.

No comments: