Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Staying Home For A Few Days


Last night it was snowing and the wind was blowing, but I thought Sunny and I could make it to doggy school. When I got her belted into the car, I noticed the end of the driveway was drifted over. Then, when I turned the headlights on, I realized it was difficult to see down the road.

With a sigh, I unhooked Sunny and we went back into the house to hunker down for the evening and let the driveway finish filling in.

The snowplow went by this morning to insure we weren't going to drive out without some serious shoveling. But it snowed all day, the wind chill didn't get out of the single digits with the actual temperature never getting out of the teens. Except for a few short dog walks we stayed in.

The forecast for tomorrow is 90% chance of heavy snow with wind chills in the minus numbers. Another good day to stay home and hibernate.


The birds are fluffed up and well fed.

This little junco looks like a ball of feathers.

Let's Generate Some Comments progress: I've responded to 45 out of 60 commenting readers.

I'm enjoying the process of reading the blogs as I visit them. A large percent are new to me, so I linger. Getting to know more of my readers is an enjoyable February passtime.

No comments: