Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Red Scarf on the Needles

This scarf is for the Red Scarf Project . The scarves collected in September and October will be sent in Valentine's Day care packages to encourage former foster care youth who are now attending college.

When I read about the project a few weeks ago, it sounded like the perfect match for the Swish superwash wool left over from the Red White Gansey. Since I have a self-imposed three project limit, I had to wait until the I Love Gansey socks were done before casting on.


If I had it to start over, I'd pick a different stitch pattern. I was counting on this to be an easy, quick knit, but this stitch pattern hasn't sunk into my brain to the point I can knit without looking at the chart yet. I'm not sure it's going to.

The pins are marking Row 1 of the pattern repeat. It will take 20 repeats to make a 60 inch scarf, the requested length. Since I'm a fourth done there isn't going to be any frogging to start something more compatible with my brain. I'll just keep knitting from the chart.


Pattern: 8 X 60 inch rectangular scarf using the stitch pattern from The Jeffrey Seamen's Scarf in Stahman Shawls and Scarves.

Yarn: Knitpicks worsted weight Swish, 100% superwash wool.

Color: Red

Needles: #7 Addi Turbo

Gauge: ~5 stitches/inch

No comments: