Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Electric Slide Socks in Progress and Fawns

These socks are an experiment to see if 64 stitches knit on my new Knitpicks Harmony 2.25 mm needles will fit my narrow feet.

In order to use a pattern in the past I've needed to reduce the stitch count to 56 to 60 stitches with 2.5 mm Addis or use 2.00 mm Addis. The stitch reduction doesn't work with most complex stitch patterns. The 2.00 Addis make a fabric that's too tight for my taste. I'm hoping these needles are the answer.

So far the cuff fits great.


Pattern: Electric Slide by Megan Humphrey

Note added October 2: So many requests for this pattern. It really is a nice one. I'm sorry to report it's not available for distribution right now. I'm test knitting and will be sure and blog about it when the pattern is available for everyone.

Yarn: Opal

Color: Neon 1931

Needles: Knitpicks Harmony 2.25 mm


These twins popped out of the woods to check out the bulldozer/trackhoe damage.

This is the first time I've seen them since they outgrew their spots.

Hopefully they're also being taught not to run out in front of cars and trucks.

Their Mom is back in the trees out of sight.

No comments: