Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Dog Days of Summer

There are a few days each summer when we think we should have an air conditioner. We're having those days this week.

It's very dry. The grass is dormant and even the weeds are looking droopy.


Hey Mom! Remember that thing that used to happen sometimes? There were big booms that scared Glory and then water came down out of the sky?

How come that doesn't happen anymore?

By the way, thanks for the haircut. It feels great on a day like this. But I hope you're planning to let some hair grow back before winter.


The water level is so low in this creek that I can wade in on one side of the bridge, walk through the culvert, and come out the other side.

I'm Glory, the big dog in the family, and I love going into the water to cool off.

Sunny and Pappy think I'm nuts but I know they'd love swimming if they'd only give it a try.


My name is Sunshine. Mom and Dad usually just call me Sunny. On hot summer days I like to sunbathe.

Some dogs, like my crazy sister Glory, think going into the water is the answer to the heat. I worry about Glory when she does that and try to herd her to safety without getting myself wet. It doesn't work, but danged if I'm going into that cold creek to rescue her.

No comments: