Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Catching Up on Memes

Son John unofficially tagged me for a meme to list things I can't live without. Since it was unofficial and the rules are totally vague, I think I'll skip. Thank you for giving me the choice, John.

Lisa has nominated me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger.

This is so not me, including the Barbie pink color of the button. I'm more like Creaky Grandma Blogger.

It was nice of her to think of me, however. And I'll take the opportunity to nominate 5 Rockin' Girl Bloggers casually selected from my Bloglines list.

These blogs may or may not have been nominated previously. I haven't kept track and I'm not going check with my totally non-Rockin' dial-up connection.

Bunchkin. A talented, fearless young knitter. She lives in Alaska, is currently in the process of moving to Fairbanks, and sometimes has a moose in her yard.

Kathy. Newly retired, she sticks to a few projects at one time and knits them to perfection. Sometimes her little dog, SofeeSu steals the blogging show.

Sue. Recently moved to Cody Wyoming and has been posting beautiful pictures of the area on her blog. She's a new mom to Milo, a rescue Weimaraner.

Alwen. She lives near me somewhere in SW Michigan and does all types of interesting Lost Arts like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving. It wouldn't surprise me if we meet someday, but we're both introverts and it could take a while.

Trish. Another Michigan knit blogger with awesome garden photos. This week she is showing roses. Beautiful!

I dislike tagging people to do things they may not care to do. So this branch of the award ends here - unless you're one of the five bloggers mentioned above, this is your first nomination, and you want to nominate five Rockin' Girl Bloggers of your own.

Friday's Feast - two days late.

Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?


9. Sometimes I mess up, but rarely on purpose.

Soup
What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?


Pappy licking my neck.

He likes to sit on the back of the loveseat behind my right shoulder while I work on my laptop. Sometimes he can't resist sneaking in a few doggy kisses. They tickle.


Salad
Who is your favorite cartoon character?


Shrek. I enjoy the Shrek movies and the pleasant memories associated with seeing them with Granddaughter Kimmy.

Main Course
Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.


A math teacher in Junior College who frequently came to teach evening calculus in his slippers.

Years later I met his daughter. When I mentioned this to her as part of my fond memory of her father, she was horrified and told me, "My father would never do anything like that!"

Well, he did. But with respect for her, I won't mention his name.

Dessert
Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that ______________________.


I strongly believe that the Bible is the key to the meaning of life.

No comments: