Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Resolution Compliance Report for February and More Red Socks

In 2007 I half-heartedly resolve to have no more than three unfinished knitting projects at one time.

Two months down and ten to go on my resolution.

Today, March 1, I have three projects on the needles and two more pair of finished CIC socks to post.


Sock pair 5 and 6 for the CIC big kid challenge. Knit with red Bretton and leftover Opal. Pattern: Winging Worsted Weight Socks on 40 stitches. k3, p1 ribbing on cuff and instep.

Yarn: Red Patternworks Bretton (70% superwash wool, 25% nylon, and 5% alpaca) with various leftover Opal fingering weight yarn used to bring it up to a worsted weight thickness.

Needles: Pony Pearl #5 double points

Gauge: 5 stitches/inch (approximate, I didn't measure)

Inspiration: Warm socks for the CIC_Knit List big kids challenge.

My personal goal for the challenge is five pair of socks. With these two to send, I'm up to six. An extra pair to finish up the red Bretton yarn seemed like the right thing to do.

See that little scrap of yarn on the left? That's how much Bretton I had left when I finished the last pair. At the end, I was knitting one sock off the outside of the skein and the other sock off the inside of the skein, alternating socks every other row to make sure the toes would Kitchener before the yarn ran out.



Start of red Swish socksI've started another red pair of socks out of Knitpicks Swish, a superwash wool.

These are for me if they fit. I'm knitting them as a sweater swatch.

More on this project in a few days when I'll have more to show and more to say.



Front and back of a blue Cozy in CablesPattern: Cosy in Cables Big Kid Sweater with the front and back seed stitch center panel replaced by a cable pattern from Lavold's Viking Patterns for Knitting.

Knitting size 40 inches for the CIC big kids challenge.

Yarn: Lamb's Pride Bulky in Brite Blue

Needles: Addi Turbo and Options 10.5

Gauge: 12 stitches/4 inches in SS

Instead of knitting the sleeves for this last weekend, I knit the socks in the top picture. It's all for the CIC_Knit List big kids challenge, so order of knitting doesn't really matter.

Now that I've exceeded my sock goal, the sleeves will be next on my CIC knitting list.



Peerie Brocade both sleeves partially done

Pattern:
Peerie Brocade from Fall 1999 Knitter's Magazine. Designed by Charlie Hada.
Yarn: Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool
Color: Dusty Teal
Needles: US #4
Gauge: 23 stitches/4 inches in pattern

Now that thoughts of spring are in the air, I'm getting the urge to wear this.

I need to knit a pair of birthday socks for mid-March. As soon as they're done, Peerie Brocade is going to get finished. After months of not looking at it, I'm looking forward to finishing it.

No comments: