Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday's Feast for March 16

It's Friday, so let's have a Feast.

Appetizer - Name two things that made you smile this week.

Newly arrived robin in the grassAll the little signs of spring, even if we are having a cold and possibly snowy weekend.

The robins arrived midweek.

What do they eat when it's too cold for bugs and the ground is frozen so they can't find worms?


Brother Dave admiring Mom's apple pie that he and I are going to eatMy little brother Dave from Oregon was in the area today and Mom baked an awesome apple pie in his honor.

We had a great visit, ate every last crumb of the pie, and did lots of smiling.


Soup - Fill in the blank: Don't you hate it when ________?

Don't you hate it when you're miles from home and realize you've forgotten something important?

Last night I was almost at doggy school when I remembered Gail's birthday socks wrapped and ready to take, but hanging on the doorknob in the hallway at home.

Her birthday is Sunday. I tried to deliver them to her at work today, but she had the day off. Guess it will have to wait until Monday. I'm so annoyed at myself.

Salad - When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?

I almost never have trouble going to sleep. When I do, reciting things I'm thankful for does the trick in two minutes or less.

Main Course - What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?

What is the meaning of life?

Dessert - What is your favorite pasta dish?

Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta dishChili's Cajun Chicken Pasta - until today.

I just went to the Chili's web site to make sure I got the name right and made the mistake of clicking on Nutritional Information. Cajun Chicken Pasta has 1500 calories with 79 fat grams. No wonder I like it. But I may never eat it again. Yikes.

No comments: