Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday's Feast for March 2

It's Feast time. Short answers today.

Appetizer - What does the color pink make you think of?

Barbie case. Pink.Barbie!

Granddaughter Kimmy caused me to spend some time in a retail Barbie aisle, and there is no pinker place.


Soup - Name something you thought you had lost, but later found.

I can't think of anything. Once I decide something is lost, it's usually lost for good.

One lost thing I'd love to get back is my 1963 class ring. It was foolishly given to a steady boyfriend back in my teens and I heard that he threw it in the Kalamazoo River.

Not likely I'll ever see it (or him) again.

Salad - In 3 words, describe this past week.

  1. Slippery
  2. Slushy
  3. Treacherous

This past week was totally weather dominated. Our dog walks were adventures in staying upright. Getting in and out of our driveway and dirt road were adventures in sliding.

Last night we had a thunderstorm with rain, hail, and sleet. Overnight the temperature dipped and it all froze solid, making today the most slippery of the week - and the competition was steep.

Now at midday it's 30 F/-1 C and snowing. The forecast is for 2-4 inches. Spring hasn't quite made it to SW Michigan.

Main Course - What are you obsessed with?

Glory lounging on a rug looking glumSunny on the couch looking like queen of the worldPappy curled up on the bed taking a nap

Bet you thought I'd say knitting. Nope, it's the dogs.

I can put knitting aside for a day or two if necessary, but the dogs can never be ignored. They're wonderful, intelligent, dependent creatures who need attention, love and care. In return we get their love and the pleasure of their company, a great pleasure indeed.

Dessert - What kind of perfume or cologne do you like to wear?

Woods of Windsor VioletOccasionally I squirt on some Woods of Windsor Violet, but mostly I don't wear a scent.

No comments: