Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday's Feast for March 30

It's Friday, so let's have a Feast.

Appetizer - What are you proud of?

My two children, Heather Louise and John Kern.

They are very different in personality but have the most important things (to me) in common - good character and a generous, loving heart.

Soup - What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?

A skein of Opal sock yarn on the old, now defunct, OpalChatters Yahoo list.

It knit up into my first pair of wool socks. They were a little large, but still wonderful to wear and the start of my hand knit sock addiction.

(I haven't won many prizes so the competition for this honor wasn't great.)

Salad - Name something you do that is a waste of time.

Spider on my laptopSpider Solitaire.

Because I live in boondocks, I have a dial-up connection. Some of the online sites I like to visit take a while to load, so I bring up a game of Spider and play while they're loading. Then usually I have to finish the game before I can click back to what I was going to do or read.

I also play Spider to procrastinate. It's a total waste of time, but fun.

Main Course - In what year of your life did you change the most?

Baby Heather Louise, 19681968.

I was 23 and became a mother for the first time. Nothing changes your life quite like that.

This is baby Heather Louise in a picture taken at J.C. Penny. They called them "Pixie Pinups". And yes, pictures were still black and white then, but not for long By her nine month Pixie Pinup they were using color.


Dessert - Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?

Part of my back yardMy yard, especially the back three acres of our five.

There's a creek (in the foreground) and a pond (in the background).

But it's only tranquil when the black flies aren't sucking blood, the deer flies aren't biting, and the mosquitoes aren't swarming.

No comments: