Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Working on Manon

My days have been busy and when evening rolls around I've been reaching for Sister Carrie's Manon shawl. Only two more garter stitch/short row sections and one more rippled section to go and it's done. It could happen tonight, but probably won't happen until tomorrow.

Note to Carrie (a non-knitter): Don't worry. It will look much nicer when it's off the needle and blocked.

Carrie lives in North Carolina and has no need for a shawl this time of year. If I was being practical, I'd be working on my short sleeve top so I can wear it before fall. Another case of "This is my hobby and I'll knit what I feel like knitting instead of what makes sense."


I thought this pattern might get boring, but it hasn't. Every few rows there's something different - a different needle size, a different stitch, some short rows, some binding off.


Pattern: Manon Shawl by Ilga Lega Design.

Yarn: Elann Coto Canapone. Worsted weight. 52% cotton, 48% hemp.

Color: Murano Blue.

Needles: Options #3 for the purl sections, Options #10 for the gathered sections.

Size: Approximately 66" wide and 16" long at center back.

No comments: