Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Next Summer Sweater

And probably the last for this year. Although I never know where the knitting urges will take me.

I've enjoyed trying the summer yarns and knitting short sleeve tops. Without the long sleeves, they're done before I'm tired of knitting on them.

This is my swatch for Elann Soie Lin, a DK weight 70% silk, 30% linen.

It was knit with #4 needles. After washing the stockinette gauge is 6.25 stitches/inch and 9 rows/inch.

This time I'm going to go for set-in sleeves.

That triangle of lace is going to be bib style at the neckline. If I can get the stitch pattern to decrease in pretty fashion, there may be a large lace diamond on the upper back.

I'm still debating the use of the horizontal lace. I like the looks of it, but I don't want it on my hips, on my belly, or across my boobs. That doesn't leave too many places to put it.

Since the bottom is going to be stockinette knit in the round on 250 stitches, I have some time to mull over the lace placement before I reach a place it might work.

No comments: