Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, February 02, 2008

WOW Thanks and Shamrock CIC Vest Finished

So far yesterday's post has resulted in 36 comments. What fun! I've enjoyed reading every comment.

It's not too late to add on to yesterday's comment log.

Last evening I visited the blogs of the first seven commenters in return. Four of the first seven were new blogs to me so I took the opportunity to linger over them, read the current posts, read some older posts, read the author profiles if available, and enjoy the lovely knits.

Visiting all the commenter blogs and doing them justice is going to take some time, so please be patient. I want to take my time and enjoy what you all have to offer.

I'm visiting in the order the comments were left.

Since it was so satisfying to reduce my leftover yarn stash making four CIC sweaters, I decided to dig into the bins and see what other yarn was calling out to be used up.

I found 3.5 balls of Knitpicks Shamrock left over from Frode, a CIC big kids sweater project. With 82 yards/skein there wasn't enough for a sweater, but I was inspired to whip up a simple little size 2, 24" chest vest.

I'm expert at making sweaters with necks too tight. It was fear of a too small neck that caused me to make the front drop almost three inches. The neckline is a little too deep and the curves are a little to angular, but the vest fits over my head and I'm calling it done.

I won't buy Shamrock yarn again. It looks and knits like cotton even through it's 100% wool and I don't care for the way the lighter accent color pools when knit. I'm happy to have Shamrock out of my bins and on it's way to warm a cold child. It will do that well.


Pattern: Made it up while knitting. 110 stitches around. Final vest laid flat measures about 12 x 12 inches.

Yarn: Knitpicks Shamrock, 100% Peruvian Wool heavy worsted.

Color: MacNamara

Needles: #7. #5 used for ribbing.

Gauge: 4.5 stitches and 6 rows/inch

No comments: