Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Red Scarf Finished and Prize Box Received

First I have to show you the cool stuff I won in the Red Scarf Project 2008 drawing.

If you don't know about the Red Scarf Project, or even better, if you want to donate, go here.

My prize box contained:

Homemade plum jam by Norma. As I started to write this, I realized that I could rave about it better if I tried some. So off to the kitchen I went, opened the jam, and spread it onto a warm piece of flaxseed bread. It was so good I offered a bite to DH Bob. He ended up eating half and now I have to share the rest of the jar.

Thank you Norma. It's a real treat and we're going to enjoy every last drop of it.

Real Vermonter Yarn. 440 yards of fingering weight, 70% mohair, 30% Romney/Corriedale, in a deep pink blend called Girls Night Out. Always a pleasure to get special yarn in the mail.

Autographed picture of Ryan Serhant.

Ryan will be debuting on As the World Turns in November. Then you will all know who he is and will be begging me for this picture.

Seriously, his resume is impressive for a young man and he is certainly easy to look at. I'm hanging onto this picture.


Pattern: 8 X 60 inch rectangular scarf using the stitch pattern from The Jeffrey Seamen's Scarf in Stahman Shawls and Scarves.

There's a closeup of the stitch pattern here.

Yarn: Knitpicks worsted weight Swish, 100% superwash wool.

Color: Red

Needles: #7 Addi Turbo

Gauge: ~5 stitches/inch


As mentioned here, I found this a difficult stitch pattern to knit without paying close attention.

Even so, it rates high in all the other things I like in a scarf stitch pattern:
  • It's interesting.
  • It looks great on both sides of the fabric.
  • It looks great right side up and upside down.
  • It's unisex - important for the Red Scarf Project.
  • It lays flat.

It was knit with good wishes and prayers for the student who will received it. I hope when they wear it they feel as special as they are.

No comments: