Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Questions and Answers

First, thanks for all the well wishes for Glory's recovery from surgery.

She's still not perky, but she's alert, taking short leash walks, eating heartily, performing all necessary bodily functions, and doing lots of tail wagging.

That's not a horrible wound in the middle of the bandage, it's part of the bandage fabric. The side showing in the picture is not the shaved side with the incision.

So far she hasn't decided to rid herself of the bandage. It comes off tomorrow night.



Vivian who blogs at Bits and Pieces asked . . .
Would you mind sharing some the books you listen to and what you think about them?

The perfect audio book for knitting is entertaining, often light (but not stupid), and not too difficult to follow. After all, I do occasionally have to count stitches and/or rows.

Some of my favorites from the past that quickly come to mind are:

  • Perry Mason series by Erle Stanley Gardner
  • Lincoln Rhyme series by Jeffery Deaver
  • Dortmunder series by Donald Westlake
  • Anna Pigeon series by Nevada Barr
  • Harry Potter (I'll be listening to these again this summer in anticipation of the final book arriving in July.)

Going forward, I'll try to remember to mention when I'm listening to something good.


Laurie asked . . .
The picture wasn't as clear as most of your other pictures. Maybe just that shot. what about posting the dove or phoebe pic from earlier in the week and seeing the difference.

When I was hosting my blog pictures on Picturetrail, they had one size, the size seen on my blog. I tried to get the pictures as clear as possible without having them take forever to upload. I'm still on dialup. It's a handicap.

Now that I'm hosting my pictures in Blogger, a reduced picture appears on the blog. It's not as clear as the Picturetrail picture. The benefit is that you can click on the picture to view it in much better detail than you were able to see with the Picturetrail hosting.

I'm already tired of mentioning the click in every post, but will continue to do so for the new people who stop by.


Kathy who blogs at Runs With Needles asked . . .
Those pictures are with a point and click camera?

It is a fancy camera, but I've never bothered learning how to use all the fancy settings because when I set it on "Auto" it does magic.

All I ever do is zoom the lens in and out and press the button.

It was the perfect Christmas gift. I've been having a wonderful time with it. And, someday I'm going to read the manual and see what all those other buttons do.


Shelly who blogs at Knitting and Praying asked . . .
Are you still enjoying the yarn? (Knitpicks Swish)
I like the Swish very much. It's knitting up so nice at the six stitches/inch. Great stitch definition, but still it's soft and I'm going to able to machine wash it.

This is my first time knitting with 100% superwash wool and I'm looking forward to seeing how it blocks out compared to regular wool.

Then, Shelly asked . . .
I really like Swish, too. So far, it's my favorite superwash worsted weight wool. May I ask what type of join you are using?


Click on any picture for more detail.

I'm sure this is a common type of join and has a name, but I don't know what it's called. Feel free to educate me.

First, split about six inches of the yarn on the needle and the end of the new yarn.

Overlap a new yarn section and old yarn section for about two inches.

Wind the new yarn section around the old yarn section following the original twist as much as possible.

Continue knitting, leaving the four half yarn tails hanging on the wrong side of the fabric.

Weave all four ends in separately. If the yarn grabs like wool, the ends can be clipped off after washing without having to weave them in.

No comments: