Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Race to the Finish

Unblocked Barbara Shawl with edging about one-third donePattern: Barbara from Stahman Shawls and Scarves

Yarn: Louet Euroflax linen, fingering weight

Color: Gray

Needles: #4 Inox Gray (teflon)

Will I be able to finish this shawl in time to pack it for the wedding trip next Thursday?

The edging is about one-third done. There have been several tinks and frogs and I'm not sure how many hours I have spent on it. Maybe now that I'm more experienced, it will go forward without any more ripping out.

I'm finding it's very difficult to read my knitting with the linen yarn. That is slowing me down some.

The border repeat is 20 stitches. I have marker pins every twenty stitches to aid in finding errors quickly.

Will there be enough yarn to finish the border?

I think so. If not, I have swatches I can frog and use but I'd rather not. The swatches have been washed and I'm not sure they will knit up to the same gauge as the unwashed linen.

Will I use the linen yarn again?

Yes, I think so. Final determination on that will come after I wear the shawl a few times. It's not the easiest yarn to knit with, but it doesn't hurt my hands. The lightweight beauty of the yarn and washability count for a lot.

No comments: