Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Barbara Shawl Progress Pictures

Back of Barbara in progressPattern: Barbara from Stahman Shawls and Scarves

Yarn: Louet Euroflax linen, fingering weight

Color: Gray

Needles: #4 Inox Gray (teflon)

Taking shawl progress pictures with hundreds of scrunched up stitches on the needle is a challenge for me. For these pictures, I split the stitches up onto three needles. Then, because it's a Faroese shawl with shoulder shaping, I draped it over the corner of a padded chair.

The top picture shows the back panel. On the right, the shoulder shaping is on the shoulder of the chair. The left side is just bunched up on the top of the chair asking to be ignored for now.


Front side of Barbara in progressHere I've turned the shawl around for a front view.

I have hopes of getting Barbara done in time to wear to a wedding. In order for that to happen, it has to be suitcase ready by May 24.

Because I'm busy with other non-knitting, time consuming projects and I plan on knitting the scalloped lace border, it's going to be close. One major frog will make it hopeless, so I'm trying to stay relaxed and careful.

Since I dislike knitting under pressure, I have a few alternate wedding outfits in mind. If I don't get to wear Barbara, I'm the only one who will realize I'm not wearing what I wanted to wear.

No comments: