Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

CIC Socks

CIC SocksPattern: Basketweave ribbing

Yarn: Cascade 220

Color: Violet (actual color name unknown)

Needles: Clover bamboo #5

Gauge: 5 stitches/inch, 8 rows/inch

One of my goals for today was to finish the last pair of CIC socks for the challenge and wash the six pair I made so they will be dry by Sunday. And I did.

My knitting friend and I both knit for CIC. We take turns packing the box and hauling it to the post office, and it's her turn. We attend church together, so I'll be delivering my socks to her on Sunday in the church parking lot.


Are You In Charlotte, NC?
Speaking of church, our senior pastor of ten years is leaving to pastor at Calvary Church in Charlotte, North Carolina.

We have a large church for Kalamazoo, but Dr. Munro's new church is over twice as large with a sanctuary that seats 5,000.

While it's great that the Lord has given him this opportunity to reach and teach so many people, I'm going to miss his Sunday morning messages. He gets more teaching and meat into a sermon than any preacher I've ever heard before. Plus he's got a cool Scottish accent.

If you're in his new city, know that you're getting the best in Dr. Munro.

No comments: