Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Aguave Back Finished

Complete back of Aguave in Knitpicks ShinePattern: Aguave by Katherine Hunt in Summer 2005 Knitter's

Yarn: Knitpicks Shine, 60% pima cotton, 40% model

Color: River

Needles: Addi Turbo #4

Gauge: 24 stitches/4 inches in SS after washing

The back was finished Sunday. I've been waiting for enough daylight to get a non-flash picture. It's been very dark around here lately.

The front is barely started as I have switched my knitting attentions to the cable swatch for the Follow the Leader Aran Knitalong.

The pins you see are in place to count rows. They're not coming out until the front is knit with the identical row count.

This is a fun pattern to knit and so far I'm pleased with the yarn. Final yarn verdict after I've worn the sweater and it holds or doesn't hold it's shape. As things stand today, I'm thinking of other things I want to knit with Knitpicks Shine.


Aguave pattern from Knitters magazineThis isn't a popular pattern. In fact, I haven't see anyone else in blogland knit it. Assuming most of you have no idea what Aguave looks like, I'm re-posting Knitter's picture of the finished garment.

My back looks a little squatty compared to the Knitter's picture. I'm knitting to the after-washed gauge, so I think it's going to be OK.


Quick Update on Glory
Glory had her surgery this morning and it went well. She is spending the night at the vet clinic under sedation and pain meds. We miss her.

We're hoping to pick her up tomorrow, but if Dr. Vet thinks she should stay longer, that's OK. All the people who work there are kind and love animals. We trust them to take good care of her. But, did I mention we miss her?

No comments: