Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, October 28, 2005

Returning to What Passes for Normal

I'm back! My laptop is back and functional! All is almost right with the world and I have so many scattered thoughts I don't know where to begin.

Laptop Update
My repaired laptop beat me home. While I was still in Idaho happily playing with granddaughter Sydney, my repaired laptop beat me home to Michigan sporting a new hard drive, a new mother board, an updated system BIOS, and all the original software and default settings from almost three years ago.

Do you have any idea how unhandy it is to lose all your configuration settings, internet favorites, drivers, and - well everything. It was returned with Windows XP minus all service packs and Norton Virus 2002 with no updates.

The first thing I did was to purchase Norton Internet Security 2006 (virus protection and a firewall), and then I started reinstalling, reconnecting, and reconfiguring. As of this evening, the laptop is starting to look like an old friend.

Idaho Update
Unlike the trip in August where Granddaughter Kimmy was with me and we were out doing something everyday, this time I stayed around the house. John and Anne went to work as usual, and I had an abundance of babysitting time to enjoy sweet Sydney Anne.

I do have a few Sydney pictures to share. Soon.

Knitting Update
Not much.

I started a pair of socks before leaving for Idaho and finished both cuffs while I was there. Picture soon.

Since I wasn't able to download files for the Shetland Lace Workshop, I'm way behind. Now that my laptop is functional, I plan to download the rest of the workshop files. Maybe even this evening.

My Shetland Lace Workshop Contest entry was going to be a pair of socks. The only way they're going to get done by the November 14 deadline is if I start them before finishing the socks I'm currently knitting. It could happen, but I doubt it.

Have a great weekend everyone! Lord willing, there will be pictures tomorrow.

No comments: