Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Throwback Thursday for May 22

My maternal grandfather, John Kern, working at Comptometer in the early sixties.


He was an engineer and inventor who immigrated to this country from Switzerland around 1922. He's been dead for almost fifty years and I still miss him.

He took time to spend one on one with me, understand me, and taught me how to be kind to to people. Including my three younger siblings.

That's right, siblings! I was kind to you!


My son, John Kern Baker, is named after grandpa. Although they are physically very different, the two Johns are similar in intelligence, temperament, talents, and character. I couldn't be more pleased about that.

No comments: