Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sprout Finished



I think I'm happy with it, but it's impossible to know for sure until I wear it for more than five minutes.

We've been having April weather in May. Cool, sometimes cold, and cloudy and wet.

According to AccuWeather, it's supposed to warm up tomorrow. If it actually happens I plan on wearing this to granddaughter Kimmy's choir concert tomorrow evening.

If it doesn't warm up, I'll save the wear test for another day.

Pattern: Cultivated Vines by Sara Louise Harper in the May, 2010 Creative Knitting

Pattern Modifications:
  • Knitting lower two-thirds of sweater in the round instead of separate front and back.
  • Pattern goes from size 38 (too small) to size 42 (too big). I'm knitting a between size, size 40 on 240 stitches.
  • Used neck shaping for size 38 and sleeve shaping for size 42.
  • Shortened sleeves so they'll end just above my elbow.

Yarn: Knitpicks Cotlin, a DK weight 70% Tanguis cotton 30% linen yarn.

Color: Sprout, a summery green.

Needles: Options #4, 3.5mm.

Gauge: 6 stitches/inch, 8 rows/inch in stockinette.

11 comments:

Dorothy said...

Anxious to see the model shots, but all in all, it looks lovely! Something like that would be great for our relatively cool summer evenings.

Beadknitter said...

Lovely sweater! I wish it would warm up here too. I'm getting tired of rain.

Jean said...

Really turned out nice. What do you think of this yarn?

CozyStitches said...

Looks great! Now a question: How long did this take you???? Seriously, you are cranking out these sweaters...not fair! I think I need to knit more and be on Ravelry less...sigh.... :D Wear your new sweater in the best of health. :D Modeled shots would be great :D

Judy S. said...

I LOVE this pattern and searched out the magazine for it. You made some nice modifications, especially the sleeve length. Can't wait to see you model it!

Becky said...

That is gorgeous. It looks like the back has the textured pattern, too? Hope you get to wear it soon.

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful sweater! You knit it so fast too.

I am still spinning for my cardigan and should be ready to cast on very soon.

janet said...

It is just lovely, great color and pattern. I like the sleeve length too.

Alwen said...

It has been knitting weather and no mistake!

Thankfully it was warm and gorgeous today, and I hung laundry outside in the sun, sun sun!

kathy b said...

Great job. Great event for its debut too!

Yarn and Ivories said...

Looks great! And your birds are wonderful, too. It's a bit serendipitous that I just blogged about our birds for the first time a few days ago, but then, maybe it's the season!