Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lighthouse Gansey Finished



Front view.
The anchor isn't in the printed pattern. I needed something center front to replace the lighthouse I moved to center back.



Back View.
The lighthouse motif was moved to the back because a) having it in front made the neck too high and b) once I knit it I realized I didn't love it.



Sleeve.
The Cotlin yarn is comfortable to wear and washes like a dream. I threw the sweater in the dryer, brought it out damp and laid it out to finish drying. From washing my swatch, I know I can dry it completely in the dryer and it will be fine.

Pattern: Lighthouse Gansey by Anne Bosch.

I made many modifications to this pattern, most of which are chronicled here. There is also a picture of the pattern knit up before modifications - I frogged from the underarm up.

Yarn: Knitpicks Cotlin. 70% Tanguis Cotton, 30% Linen. DK weight.

Color: Glacier.

Needles: Options #3.

Gauge: 6 stitches/inch, 8.5 rows/inch in pattern.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

What a nice review on Cotlin. Very happy to hear is easier on the hands than cotton along. Thanks