Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, November 02, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook for November 2

These writing prompts are available from Simple Woman's Daybook where each Monday we're invited to join in celebrating the beauty of everyday moments around us.

FOR TODAY November 2, 2009...

Outside my window...
It looks like this.

The empty hook is where the hummingbird feeder was hanging. Suet will be hanging there soon.


Just twelve days ago, outside my window looked like this.

Autumn is beautiful but so short.


I am thinking...
The days are short and getting shorter. For today: Sunrise: 7:17am, Sunset: 5:36pm.

October/November Daylight Savings time is ridiculous in Michigan. Maybe a few golfers can get in an autumn game and that's nice, but before the time change Sunday kids were walking to school in the dark. There's a lot more kids than golfers.


I am thankful for...
Granddaughter Kimmy, a freshman in high school who has grown up to be a talented, kind young woman with a great sense of humor.

We celebrated her 14th birthday on Halloween.


From the kitchen...
Not much is going on there. I gain weight if I spend too much time in the kitchen.

I am wearing...
Caught me! I'm wearing jeans and a gray textured insulated underwear shirt. The shirt clings to my body so I stay warm and cozy when I take the dogs out for their walks with a coat on to be presentable. Obviously I'm not expecting any company today.

I am creating...
I've been reading instead of knitting, so nothing is new in creation land. Have plans to knit this evening.

I am going...
To update this blog layout. I think I've mentioned that before. If things stay calm and healthy for a while around here, it will happen soon.

I am reading...
Just finished A Place to Call Home by Deborah Smith. A sweet story written with a great sense of humor about a rich little girl and a boy from the wrong side of the tracks who bond while children and get together again later in life.

I am hoping...
That the illness I had last week was a mild version of the H1N1 virus. It would be so nice to know that I don't have to worry about getting that flu.

I am hearing...
Dogs snoring. It's nap time. Bob's sleeping, one little dog on each side of me is sleeping. Glory is sleeping in the back room on the sofa she's not supposed to be sleeping on.

I gave up year ago, threw a washable blanket on it, and let her think she's getting away with something.

Around the house...
There are leaves everywhere.


One of my favorite things...
My desktop picture taken by Granddaughter Kimmy at her uncle's funeral.


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Get a haircut.
Visit yarn store to buy Opal/Regia type yarn for three pair of Christmas socks.
Finish weaving in the ends on the Lighthouse Gansey so I can call it done.
Drive to Paw Paw to mail out contest prizes.
Catch up on housework.
Do a final fall mow if weather permits. Rain is forecast until Thursday, so not holding my breath for that one.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
This is from last week and is probably my last pretty autumn picture for this year. There isn't much pretty left.

No comments: