Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, August 31, 2009

Vilai Finished

Vilai, the sixth sock I've knit from Sock Innovation, is the first pattern that's slowed me down some. It wasn't a quick knit and I had to keep my eyes on the chart at all times.

I could have guessed at some parts and not watched the chart so carefully, but the fear of having to tink back this pattern (it would NOT have been fun), kept my eyes glued to the book.


This is the front view. The back matches the front.

Although I knit these with the Sock Innovation KAL, (a Ravelry link) I didn't do it legally so they don't qualify for the KAL finished gallery.

I used the alternative for k3tog which may or may not violate the KAL rules. But worse than that, I did the disqualifying act of starting a few days before the first of August. I knew at the time my Vilai socks couldn't be entered for any KAL prizes. When a knitter has beautiful yarn and wants to cast on, a knitter wants to cast on now!

My Summer Sox, the other KAL selection for August, are legal and in the running for the prizes.


Pattern: Vilai from Sock Innovation by Cookie A.

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: Paprickash

Needles: Ribbing and first pattern repeat on Options 2.5mm circulars. Remaining socks on Options 2.25mm circulars.



1 comment:

Yarn and Ivories said...

Oh MY! They are bee-oo-tee-ful! Sorry this comment is such a late response to your blog; I found it by googling "vilai sock". I linked your blog post to mine for 5/22/10. Hope you don't mind!