Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Sunday Swing Socks Finished

While impatiently waiting for August 1 so I could legally start the KAL socks for August, I noticed this pattern in the Summer Knitty.

It was designed for wildly variegated sock yarn that otherwise would need to be knit in stockinette. Just happens I have some of that kind of yarn, so I dove into the stash, pulled it out, and cast on to give the Sunday Swing Pattern a try.

The pattern has four sizes: Cast on 56[64, 72, 80] stitches for 7(8, 9, 10) inches around. I used the 56 stitch chart.

The socks knit up quick and almost mindless. Since I'm frequently a pushover for variegated yarn, I'm sure I'll use the pattern again.

The leftover yarn was added to Sandy's "little ball" box before I mailed it out today.


Pattern: Sunday Swing Pattern by Kristel Nyberg.

Yarn: Opal, 75% Superwash wool, 25% Nylon.

Color: I don't know. It was a long, German word which I failed to write down and the label was sent off with the leftover yarn.

Needles: Options 2.5mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch.

No comments: