Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Chat Back for August 15

Answering questions from comments and email.

Kathy C. wrote . . .
You make a good point about remembering to check for errata before you start a project, but you are going to have to issue an errata in your blog post yourself!

The link attached to the word "errata" in the first sentence of your post goes to "http://whatever/", but should really point to http://www.interweave.com/corrections/knitting.asp..

Oops!

Consider me erratacized and red faced.

The Sock Innovation errata is here.

Good thing I needed to go that website to get the URL because there has been some new errata since I updated my book.



Susan asked . . .
What a clever idea to solve the YO problem! Did you twist the stitch that you picked up?

She's asking about the Cool Jade Summer Sox Where I picked up stitches in the next row like a M1 instead of doing the yarn overs as charted.

I wanted a small hole so it would still look like a yarn over, so I didn't twist the stitches I pickup up.


Sheila asked . . .
Did you ever knit any other socks in the book?


So far I've knit Glynis, 2 pair of Sunshine, Rick, and Kai-Mei.

I have tentative plans to knit all the socks in the book, but no promises.

If you click on the Cookie A Socks label at the bottom of this blogpost, it will bring up all the Cookie A socks I've finished this summer.


Sheila asked . . .
How do you like the Slackford Studio yarn? Does it pool much?

I've knit with 5 pair of socks with Stalwart Sock, 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight, and I love it.

The colors are gorgeous, the stitch definition is excellent. The yarn is soft, smooth and cuddly.

I've not had any pooling.



Shirley asked . . .
How do you knit a rounded toe?

Rounded toe is probably not the right name for it. It's the common toe found on most patterns.

Knit the decreases every other round until approximately half the stitches are left on the needle. Then decrease every round until ready to weave toe.

If I remember right without looking, the toes in Sock Innovation keep decreasing every other round until the toe ends.

No comments: