Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunshine Socks

The Sock Innovation KAL, (a Ravelry link) selection for June is the Sunshine pattern.

For her June birthday socks, Mom asked for socks "the color of a bright blue summer sky". With a color description like that, it just made sense to use a pattern called Sunshine.



Sunshine is the formal name of my little dog Sunny who is recovering from a long and painful back injury. Another reason it made sense to knit this pattern in June.

Well, actually it doesn't make sense, but I'm pretending it does.

Pattern: Sunshine from Sock Innovation by Cookie A.

Yarn: Opal UNI- Solid, 75% Superwash wool, 25% Nylon.

Color: 27 Blue

Needles: Options 2.5mm circulars.

Before I decided to use the Sunshine pattern for Mom's birthday socks, I bought this yarn to make Sunshine socks for myself.

This colorway called Embers is the hot summer sunshine setting over Lake Michigan.

Once I had Mom's Sunshine socks done according to the pattern and they fit her normal feet perfectly, I could tell I needed to switch from 2.5mm to 2.25mm needles to fit my narrow feet snugly.

Pattern: Sunshine from Sock Innovation by Cookie A.

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: Embers

Needles: Options 2.25mm circulars.

No comments: