Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Guilt Trip List

This has been a beautiful summer. While I've enjoyed it, blogging has suffered but not been forgotten. It periodically pops up and injects a little squirt of quilt into my consciousness.

The list of neglected knitting and blogging tasks is a little longer than I like. I'm counting on waking up some day with motivation to catch up.


  • August Elann Sample Skeins were knit up shortly after they arrived at the end of July. There are five yarns. Two of the yarns should not be purchased for any reason related to knitting. Three of the yarns might be enjoyed by someone somewhere, but not by me. I will blog the swatches soon.

  • Painful Pearl (a sweater named so because the yarn color is Seed Pearl and knitting it hurts my hands) is making slow but steady progress. This evening I'll hit the underarm split between front and back and start knitting back and forth on the back. No seams, no finishing. It should be done by Labor Day.

  • The Luna Bolero is still sitting around in pieces waiting to be sewn together and have front bands knit on. Assembling a knitting project brings out my inner procrastinator.

  • I still owe readers modeled shots of Summer Spice Gansey and She Said Aran. The Aran was finished last April. Now that's embarrassing.

No comments: