Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Two Prettys and a Frump

Pretty One
This Burridge Lake Aran Afghan is beautiful. And the pattern is free on Magknits.

I've never knit an afghan. I've never wanted to knit an afghan. The nature of my household (totally informal with dogs allowed on furniture) dictates blankets and coverings that don't snag and can be thrown in the washer and dryer.

But, if I ever do knit an afghan, it's very likely to be this one.

Pretty Two
The Summer Shawlette was just begging for a shawl pin from Designs by Romi. I bought this simple but elegant sterling pin from her Elements collection. It's just perfect to hold the front flaps together.

Romi has many beautiful styles, some with beads and natural stones. I'm going to need self discipline to limit myself to one pin purchase per shawl/stole.


Frump
Looks like the Cardinals had a late summer nesting. This young female started showing up at the feeder a few days ago to amuse us with her awkward seed eating and frumpy, straight out of the nest, appearance.


I'm guessing this is her brother. He has about the same amount of juvenile abilities and ungainly new feathers.

Birds grow up fast. They'll both be looking polished and adult in a few weeks.

And, they won't forget where the feeder is located.

No comments: