Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Grasshopper Almost Done

Front of Grasshopper with shoulders joined to backPattern: Grasshopper. Making it up as I go along. Original inspiration was the Larkspur Lace Pullover in the Spring 2005 Cast On, but no part of Grasshopper is exactly the same as Larkspur. I named it Grasshopper because it's green and it jumped into my knitting lineup when it wasn't expected.

Yarn: Knitpicks Andean Treasure, 100% baby alpaca

Color: Lagoon

Needles: Addi Turbo #3

Gauge: 6.25 stitches/inch, 8.5 rows/inch in pattern

Now that FLAK is done, I've been working on finishing Grasshopper.

The front and the back are both complete. The short rowed shoulders were seamed with a three needle bind off before knitting the neck, a knit 3, purl 3 ribbing to match the lower ribbing and coordinate somewhat with the stitch pattern.

The sleeves have eyelets in and after the lower ribbing. I wanted matching eyelets on the front but not around my hips, so I knit a diamond of eyelets in the spot where there would have been a vee neck if Grasshopper had a vee neck.


One Grasshopper sleeveOne sleeve is done and the second sleeve is almost done. Hopefully Grasshopper will be blocking by the weekend.

As always, the alpaca is a joy to knit. I wish I could get a good picture of the gorgeous heathering in this yarn. It's green (obviously) with subtle flecks of yellow and very subtle flecks of turquoise.

No comments: