Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, June 30, 2006

Opal Rose Hips Basketweave Ribbing Socks Done

How much knitting did I get done in Idaho? Two rows!! And I'm not sorry. There were too many better things to do with my family.

Since I've been home, my mind and heart has been processing the death of my children's father and thinking about life in general, how it's worked out for me, and what I might want to do with the rest of mine.

The only knitting I've done in the last week is the mindless knitting of these socks.

Opal Rose Hips Basketweave Ribbing Socks donePattern: Basketweave Ribbing Socks modified to knit on 56 stitches around.

Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Color: Hagebutte/Rose Hips

Needles: Addi Turbo #1

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch


Close up of Basketweave Ribbing stitcheThis yarn is about as bright as a yarn can be, the perfect colorway to keep my spirits up and my thoughts positive.

To all my readers who celebrate a holiday the first week in July, have a great one!

No comments: