This is my Mom. This year we're celebrating her birthday in Idaho where she is meeting her Great-granddaughter Sydeny for the fist time.
Happy Birthday Mom! It's a pleasure to be traveling with you on this special day.
We share the same name, Marguerite Louise. Check out Mom's blog post on how her mother named her. While you're there, wish her a Happy Birthday in her comments.
Though we're very different in our interests, our politics, and our religion, we're also very alike in many ways.
We enjoy each other's company and acknowledge that an intelligent person may think differently than we do. That's because we are both intelligent and both think very differently.
The differences make life interesting. I learned that from my mother.
Something else I learned from watching my mother live her life:
- There will be bad times. Really bad times.
- Sometimes they get worse before they get better.
- When the bad times happen, you do what you need to do for as long as you need to do it.
- Knowing there will be bad times makes the good times all the sweeter.
- Good times or bad times, life is rarely dull.
A few other important things I learned from my mother:
- Keep growing.
- Keep learning new things.
- Stay interested in the world.
(Actually, she's the only one of us who dances. But the general concept of "keep moving" is something I learned from mom.)
Thank you, Mom! I love you lots!
Mom's Birthday Socks!
Pattern: Stitch Pattern on cuff from Lacy Scallops Socks by Sockbug
Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon
Color: Petticoat 1291
Needles: Addi Turbo #1
Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch