Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, September 17, 2012

Little Shell Ribbing Stitch Pattern

Judy S. asked for the stitch pattern on one of the baby hats I knit for Haiti, so here it is.


The base is a multiple of eight stitches with k7,p1 ribbing.

I have knit socks with this stitch pattern and they turned out stretchy and very pretty with the finer gauge. See them here.

Multiple of 8 stitches, 4 rows.
Knit in the round.

Row 1: k7, p
Row 2: k7, p
Row 3: k, YO, p, p3tog, p, YO, k, p
Row 4: k7, p

5 comments:

kathy b said...

PRetty straightforward...I think I could even do it!

AnnP said...

Thanks. One of those pretty little patterns that look more difficult than they really are. Great tv knitting.

Grace said...

This pattern is beautiful, thanks for sharing! I am surprised at how easy the directions sound; sometimes lace patterns confuse me more than they should...

Judy S. said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It looks wonderful on socks. I need to try that.

kathy b said...

have you always been a politics free blog?? I Just noticed....