Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, July 06, 2012

Smart Dog, Stubborn Dog

When the temperature is in the triple digit range like the last two weeks, one of my concerns is for my two elderly dogs. We're skipping walks and the first thing we do when leaving the house is head for the hose to have a wet down.

Since there have been way too many super hot days, both dogs have this routine down.

Pappy thinks it's a great idea and heads for the hose. He doesn't move while I drench him. Including his underbelly.


When Pappy gets back in the house, he climbs onto his beach towel in front of a fan and enjoys the coolness.


Sunny, on the other hand, thinks anything to do with water is bad, bad, bad.


She must feel better when she's wet, but so far she hasn't thanked me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the same treatment for yourself? I hear it helps!