Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Chat Back for November 20

Responding to comments left since the last time I did Chat Back.

NMjewel asked . . .
Question about the side seam or non-seam. Have you included a purl stitch as a mock seam? Nice!!



Thanks.

There is a double purl stitch as a mock seam. It splits to two single purls at the sides of the gusset.


NMjewel asked . . .
I don't really want to share and spoil the gifts... What to do?

Great question. For knitters who want to keep their gift knitting secret, that's a problem. I don't have an answer.

Secrecy is not a big deal in our family. For hand made gifts we tend to consult the intended recipient to the point where there's not much reason to keep anything secret.


Judy S. asked . . .
Good knitting/sewing weather, eh?



It's great knitting weather.

The weather report has mentioned snow a few times, but so far all we've had are some ominous looking snow clouds.

When I got my haircut last week, it was a shock to count out six weeks and find it landed my next appointment AFTER Christmas. The holidays are creeping up on me and I'm pretending it's still autumn because we haven't had any snow yet.

3 comments:

Yarn and Ivories said...

Thanks for your comments!

Phil & Gale said...

You can go 6 weeks between cuttings?!!!! I have to have my hair cut every 3 weeks. It is either that or it looks like helmet hair. ( I love to see your knitting. Such an encouragement to me to keep trying new things.)

Jean said...

The purl stitches is a nice touch. The Starmore sweaters are so classic - how gorgeous.