Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Yarn From Idaho

In the Christmas box from Idaho was a bag of yarn for my upcoming birthday with a note that I could open it immediately.

This is the second year the Idaho family has picked out their own birthday sock yarn so I'm ready to knit their birthday socks.

The dark blue is Happy Feet for Son John. He remembered I ran out of yarn for his man size feet last year, so this year he sent three skeins.

The purple On Your Toes is for Sydney. Her birthday isn't until April, a silly time to give wool socks to a rapidly growing child. I plan to knit hers up as soon as John sends me an ankle measurement and shoe size.

The green On Your Toes is for DIL Anne. The cuffs are started and I'm hoping to have them in the mail soon since her birthday is January 10.


The bright and happy red/pink/lime green is for me. Instead of adding it to the stash, I whipped up a pair of simple, practical socks to brighten up the colorless winter days ahead.

Thanks John, Anne, and Sydney.


Pattern: Basic k3p1 ribbing on 56 stitches

Yarn: Happy Feet. 90% superwash Merino, 10% nylon.

Color: 25

Needles: Options 2.50mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette.

No comments: