Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Gift Sock Progress

Brother Dave is the only person I knit for who has long feet. Very long feet. Size 14 men's feet.

When I buy Regia to knit socks for Dave, I have to get 3-50 gram skeins to finish his endless socks. No complaining, just explaining why I'm so happy to have these done.

They're too big for my sock blockers and the unblocked pictures doesn't do them justice. I'll give them a bath and smooth them out before I wrap them.

He asked for "wild", and these are definitely wild compared to his normal black and white wardrobe.

Pattern: Basic k7p1 ribbing on 72 stitches

Yarn: Regia

Color: Haltbar Color 1805

Needles: Options 2.50mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette.

Dog trainer Gail also likes socks with a basic stitch pattern. She is wearing my knit gift socks almost every time I see her now, so I'm sure she likes them. The hardest part of shopping for me is knowing what to get someone, so I'm thrilled that Gail is easily pleased by something I love to do.

The cuffs are done and I have a little over a week before the doggy Christmas party to get them finished. Should be no problem to get her socks finished.


Pattern: Basic cuff down sock pattern on 64 stitches. k7p1 ribbing on cuff and instep.

Yarn: Regia.

Color: Kaffe Fassett 4251.

Needles: Options 2.5

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

No comments: