Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, August 31, 2006

End of Summer Lament

It's a busy but boring week. My brain seems to be in shut down mode and only thinks about what needs to be done instead of thinking of stimulating blog topics.

In a few minutes, I need to jump in the shower, get in the car, drive to Kalamazoo, go through the Wendy's drivethru at noon, pick up Mom and take her for a shampoo after we eat chicken sandwichs and Frostys.




I owe Granddaughter Kimmy and friend a day at Full Blast before school starts. School starts next week, so tomorrow is the day. How's that for cutting it short?

So tomorrow I will be driving about 100 miles round trip and spending the day listening to the screams of happy/unhappy/thrilled children and paying outrageous prices for everything with a smile on my face. Just call me Grandma ATM.

Where did the summer go?

Fortunately, there is hope for future blogging posts.

New yarn is on the way from
Simply Socks Yarn Company and Knitpicks.

Our new CIC challenge for September, October, and November is sweaters and vests with a special request for more sweaters than vests to keep the kids warmer. At the request of the CIC_Knit List list Mom, I'm writing a sweater pattern for Cozy in Cables. That has taken over my knitting time for the moment and I hope to have it posted before the long weekend is over.

No comments: