Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Knitting Log for December 28

What a nice, peaceful, quiet week this has been as I enjoy my Christmas gifts and knit.

Anne's birthday socks knit from Opal Lollipop 1012Pattern: Basic Sock

Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Color: Lollipop 1012

Needles: Addi Turbo #1

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

Anne's birthday socks are ready to mail to Idaho, just in time for her January 10 birthday.

Lollipop is one of my favorite Opal collections. This 1012 colorway is designed with Anne's favorite colors.

My next birthday socks will also be Lollipop in shades of blue for Son John's birthday in March.

Aguave back progressPattern: Aguave by Katherine Hunt in Summer 2005 Knitter's

Yarn: Knitpicks Shine, 60% pima cotton, 40% model

Color: River

Needles: Addi Turbo #4

Gauge: 24 stitches/4 inches in SS after washing

This yarn drapes, this stitch pattern drapes, and I finally gave up trying to get an accurate gauge swatch.

I'm knitting a fabric I like, plan to wear it over a turtleneck or tank, and optimistically think it will be just fine.

Realistically, I'm a little concerned.

Fifth pair of CIC socks for the January challengePattern: Simple ribbing, 40 stitches around

Yarn: Cascade 220

Color: Royal blue (actual color name unknown)

Needles: Clover bamboo

Gauge: 5 stitches/inch, 8 rows/inch

These are the fifth CIC socks knit for the January sock challenge. One more pair to knit to make my goal of six pair by the end of January.

No comments: