Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, September 09, 2005

Hanover Update for September 9

Hanover jacket neckline and edging Pattern: Hanover Jacket from Jean Frost Jackets

Yarn: Elegance, 70% baby alpaca, 30% silk DK weight from Knitpicks

Yarn Color: Barn red

Needles: US #3

Gauge: 6 stitches/inch, 8 rows/inch

With the back and fronts knit, the first thing I did this week was to join the shoulder seams. Then I knit the collar and the edging.

The fronts and back are knit two inches longer than the pattern length. I prefer tops out over my waistband. The jacket pattern as written was going to require a tucked in blouse or shell.

It appears according to current day fashion, that it is acceptable and stylish to have under layers hanging out below upper layers. I'm not sure conservative grandma here knows how to pull off that look, so I'm going with the traditional jacket hanging over the shell or blouse look. The jacket is still pretty short, though, and I'm not sure it's going to work.

The first sleeve is a third done. Now to finish the sleeves, sew them in, sew up the side seams, and block.

No comments: