Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Perfect Little Hands

My hand with Sydney holding a fingerI love baby noises, baby smells, baby smiles, soft baby skin, and baby wiggles. Most of all, I love baby hands.

This, of course, is Granddaughter Sydney holding my finger while I was in Idaho last week. So soft, so tiny, so completely precious.

Yes, I had a wonderful visit. I loved her before I ever met her and I love her more now.

I can't say that we know each other, because she is barely a month old. By the time I see her again in August, she will need to learn my face all over again.

She won't remember when she was four weeks old and I held her, loved her, walked her, rocked her, sang to her, and she held my finger.

But I'll never forget.

No comments: