Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Cell Phone, Camera, Snow, and Anticipated Warmth

The road in February. A rather boring snow picture.All the little chores and errands that need to be done before going on a trip have been keeping me busy.

Yesterday I braved the cell phone store and bought a camera phone. Can't give a reason why I need a camera phone. I have a very serviceable digital camera. But I've know for a while that I was going to get one unless it cost too much. It didn't and I did. Just for fun.

One of the things that needed to be done before my trip was to figure out how to use my new phone.

What you're seeing in the top picture is the very first photo I was able to get from my cell phone to my laptop. I went out to get the snail mail, twirled around and took a picture down the road.

Looking down the road into a winter sunsetThis is one of my favorite pictures from last February. Same road, opposite direction from the mail box.

We live on a shaded dirt road in rural SW Michigan. Once the road gets a packed down layer of snow it usually stays covered all winter, even through minor thaws like we've been having.

Checked out the weather forecast for Post Falls, Idaho where I'm going tomorrow. They're having daytime temps in the 50's. Now that's a thaw worth mentioning!

To someone coming from a Michigan winter, a temperature in the 50's is going to feel like tee-shirt weather. I can hardly wait. Do you think the sun will shine? Maybe we can have the baby shower outdoors.

In case anyone is concerned about the sock, I only have 15 more rounds to go before reaching the toe decreases. They will be done with time to spare.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the baby shower and thanks for sharing your knitting/photos. Your blog is one of 3 I check out each day as part of my daily motivation - when I see beautiful knitting, it motivates me to pick up my own project and add another couple of rows. It's a snow day here in DC so back to more knitting!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. Sometimes I really miss the snow - until I remember shoveling it! Have a great time in Idaho. Dorothy/Missouri Star